Young People Info

Have we got your mobile number? Please let us know your most up to date contact details. This is so we can speak to you if we need to. We can also text you appointment reminders.


What does confidentiality mean?

It means not telling anyone else about what you’ve said. This means that if you speak to a doctor, nurse or receptionist about any problems you have, they are not allowed to talk about it with anyone else. No one else will find out what you have spoken about, or that you have been to the doctors, without your permission. This includes Mum, Dad or your guardian- we won’t tell them anything unless you want us to.

If we are really worried about your safety we may need to get some help from other people, but we will talk about this with you first.

Feeling stressed, anxious or depressed?

Come and see a doctor or nurse about anything:

  • Problems at home or school
  • Drink and drugs
  • Anxiety Stress
  • Eating Disorders or Dietary Advice
  • Relationships

We also have clinics with the nurse for help on how to quit smoking. They can give you regular guidance and support to help you quit.

The doctor can also refer you for specialist advice, such as counselling. They will not judge you, and will listen to any concerns you have. Visit our website under “Young People” for more information on any of these issues and for links to other helpful websites.

Young Carers

Do you look after someone? Do you have no time for friends and study? Are you feeling under pressure and worried? We can support you if you are a carer.

Tell us that you look after someone and we will record it on your medical record as this may entitle you to more services and benefits.

You can also contact Surrey Young Carers for support on 01483 568269 or visit

Sexual Health

Our doctors and nurses are trained in sexual health and can give you advice on any issues you might have. If you are sexually active, you can see a doctor to talk about contraception, pregnancy or sexually transmitted infections (STIs). You do not have to pay for contraception prescriptions.

If you are not sexually active, but are thinking about having sex, you can also come and see the doctor or nurse for some friendly advice.

It is important to use protection, such as condoms, if you decide to have sex to avoid getting an STI. However if you do not use protection and you think that something isn’t right, please come and see a doctor as soon as possible. Remember they won’t tell anyone that you have been to see them. We have chlamydia testing kits available here at the practice- just ask for one. We can also help if you think you might be pregnant.

There are other places that you can get advice on Sexual Health, other than here at the practice, details are below. They may ask you to book an appointment, or there are certain times when they operate emergency walk-in clinics.

Visit for more information about local clinics. 

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website