This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Medical Tests

Blood Tests

Blood tests should be authorised by a clinician. If your blood test is for a hospital consultant, you will need to bring a blood form provided by them. 

When your doctor advised tests for you, he/she will give you the following: 

  • a booking and instructions slip for you to show to reception - it instructs them when to book you in for the tests we do at the surgery, and it also has written instructions for you on how to get your results. Sometimes your doctor will want to see you with the results, or he may ask you to phone his secretary

Blood tests for very young children may be done at the Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford and your doctor will prescribe a local anaesthetic cream to put on an hour before the test, to numb the skin.

You can find out more about blood tests,  how they are performed and their function by the visiting the NHS Choices website.

X-Ray and Ultrasound

When your GP refers you for one of these tests, you will need to contact one of the x-ray departments below:

  •         Royal Surrey County Hospital- 01483 402746
  •         Milford Community Hospital- 01483 782673
  •         Haslemere Community Hospital- 01483 782311 

You can find out more about x-ray tests, how they are performed, their function and the risks by visiting the NHS Choices website.

Other tests we can do at the surgery include:

  • ECG
  • spirometry
  • INR testing (warfarin clinic)
  • urine testing
  • 24 hour blood pressure monitoring
  • Doppler studies

These will be requested by your GP.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website