Blood tests should be authorised by a clinician. If your blood test is for a hospital consultant, you will need to bring a blood form provided by them.
When your doctor advised tests for you, he/she will give you the following:
- a booking and instructions slip for you to show to reception - it instructs them when to book you in for the tests we do at the surgery, and it also has written instructions for you on how to get your results. Sometimes your doctor will want to see you with the results, or he may ask you to phone his secretary
Blood tests for very young children may be done at the Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford and your doctor will prescribe a local anaesthetic cream to put on an hour before the test, to numb the skin.
You can find out more about blood tests, how they are performed and their function by the visiting the NHS Choices website.
X-Ray and Ultrasound
When your GP refers you for one of these tests, you will need to contact one of the x-ray departments below:
- Royal Surrey County Hospital- 01483 402746
- Milford Community Hospital- 01483 782673
- Haslemere Community Hospital- 01483 782311
You can find out more about x-ray tests, how they are performed, their function and the risks by visiting the NHS Choices website.
Other tests we can do at the surgery include:
- INR testing (warfarin clinic)
- urine testing
- 24 hour blood pressure monitoring
- Doppler studies
These will be requested by your GP.